NSF REU at K-State: Interactions of Matter, Light and Learning
The K-State REU program offers summer fellowships to do world-class research in our friendly physics department in the scenic Flinthills. We are funded by the National Science Foundation.
You must be an enrolled college student who is a US citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for participation in this NSF-funded program.
The K-State Physics REU 2020 application will open up in fall of 2019.
To apply, you will need to provide the following information via our online application.
- Name and email address of a person who will be submitting a letter of recommendation on your behalf. You should ask your recommender to email your application form to email@example.com on your own.
- Your current cumulative GPA.
- A copy of your transcripts.
- A short statement (500 characters) on diversity.
- A brief personal statement (~3/4 page) that includes your academic and career goals, research interests, and why you desire to participate in the Physics REU. Regarding this statement, it is also beneficial to identify K-State faculty with whom you would be interested in working and explain why you would like to work with them (see available faculty members in the list of participating research areas at www.phys.ksu.edu/reu/2019/). You will be asked to insert text directly online or to upload a file.