Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
The Kansas State University Physics Department is committed to uphold the principles of inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe that these principles are a cornerstone of our department as we strive for excellence. We also embrace the principles in the American Physical Society Guidelines on Ethics (https://www.aps.org/policy/statements/guidlinesethics.cfm) and the Kansas State University Principles of Community (https://www.k-state.edu/about/values/community/ ). Every member of Kansas State University and the Physics Department community has a role in sustaining a safe, caring, and humane environment.
- We recognize the relationship between diversity and excellence in all our endeavors.
- We affirm the dignity of all individuals. We will not discriminate on any basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military status, urban-rural background, or first-generation student status.
- We are committed to ensuring freedom of expression and dialog and encourage the full spectrum of views held by our community members.
- We respect the differences and the commonalities that bring us together and expect civility and respect in our personal interactions.
- We embrace open and equitable access to opportunities for learning and development as our obligation and goal.
For more information, visit K-State Office of Institutional Equity.
K-State Physics Department Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee (EDIC)
In an effort to work towards our department's commitment to these goals, we have formed an EDI committee consisting of the following faculty, staff and graduate students.
Feel free to contact any of these committee members if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.
In addition, you can use our feedback form to share any questions, comments and concerns with EDIC.
Jessica Changstrom, Graduate Student
Kim Coy, Staff
Loren Greenman, Faculty
Glenn Horton Smith, Faculty
J.T. Laverty, Faculty
Brandi Lohman, Staff
Pavan Muddukrishna, Graduate Student
Daniel Rolles, Chair, Faculty