Welcome to Brett D. DePaola's Home Page!
Courses and Schedule for Fall 2005:
Courses and Schedule for Spring 2001:
Most of my research is done in the Physics Department's J.R. Macdonald Lab. Some
of my research is done in Japan at
University or at
research projects are:
- Charge transfer collisions between slow, highly charged ions and
- Use of a mageto optic trap (MOT) in ion-atom collisions
- Binary encounter electron (BEe) production ion fast ion-atom and ion-molecule/cluster collisions.
"Energy transfer in ion-Rydberg-atom charge
exchange", D. S. Fisher, S. R. Lundeen, C. W. Fehrenbach, and
B. D. DePaola, Phys. Rev. A 63, 052712 (2001).
- "Polarization spectroscopy of
O5+(1s23p) states produced in the collisions of
O6+ with He and H2", H. Tanuma, T. Hayakawa,
C. Verzani, H. Kano, H. Watanabe, B. D. DePaola, and N. Kobayashi,
J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 33, 5091-5098 (2000).
- "Electron capture from elliptic Rydberg states: Impact
perpendicular to the minor axis", L. Kristensen, T. Bove, B. D. DePaola,
T. Ehrenreich, E. Horsdal-Pedersen, and O. E. Povlsen, J. Phys. B:
At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 33, 1103-1120 (2000).
- "Dynamics of Rydberg states in crossed E and B fields:
Coherent elliptic states", P. Sorensen, J. C. Day, B. D. DePaola,
T. Ehrenreich, E. Horsdal-Pedersen, and L. Kristensen, J. Phys. B:
At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 32, 1207-1223 (1999).
- "Triple Photoionization of Lithium", R. Wehlitz,
M.-T. Huang, B. D. DePaola, J. C. Levin, I. A. Sellin, T. Nagata,
J. W. Cooper, and Y. Azuma, Phys. Rev. Lett., 81, 1813-1816
- "Energy Transfer in Charge Exchange Collisions between Slow
Ions and Rydberg Atoms", D. S. Fisher, C. W. Fehrenbach,
S. R. Lundeen, E. A. Hessels, and B. D. DePaola,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 1817-1820 (1998).
Group (page under construction)
Personal Bio (page under construction)
Check out these pages!
- KSU Physics REU Program