Ph.D. Kansas State University, 2015
Condensed Matter Physics
- Mass-production of graphene, graphene oxide and graphene/metal composites via detonation technique
- Study of the chemical and physical parameters of detonation built in situ
- Application of graphene in batteries, capacitors, sensors and photocatalytic water splitting
Recent Selected Publications
- A. Nepal, G. Chiu, J. Xie, G. P. Singh, N. Ploscariu, S. Klankowski, T. Sung, J. Li, B. N. Flanders, K. L. Hohn, and C. M. Sorensen, Highly Oxidized Graphene Nanosheets via the Oxidization of Detonation Carbon, published online on 10th May 2015, Appl. Phys. A.
- G. P. Singh, K. M. Shrestha, A. Nepal, K. J. Klabunde and C. M. Sorensen, Graphene supported plasmonic photocatalyst for Hydrogen evolution in Photocatalytic water splitting, Nanotechnology 25 (2014) 265701.
- A. Nepal, G. P. Singh, B. N. Flanders and C. M. Sorensen, One-step synthesis of graphene via catalyst-free gas-phase hydrocarbon detonation, Nanotechnology 24 (2013) 245602.
C. Sorensen, A. Nepal and G. P. Singh, “Process for High-Yield Production of Graphene via Detonation of Carbon-Containing Materials", U.S. Patent No. 9,440,857 issued on September 13, 2016.