About My Summer
This experience has been so much more than just research. I have had a broad exposure to many different topics.
· Shop Classes – learned how to use milling machines, lathes, drills, and many other tools.
· Electronics Classes – learned about voltage dividers, op amps, and high/low frequency filters.
· Lectures – learned about everything, from lasers to dark energy to Higg’s bosons.
· Ethics Courses – learned about moral issues in and around physics today.
· Theory Lunch – read and talked about papers from various different people on various topics in PER.
· BBQ’s – socialized and talked with many professors and students both within physics and from other disciplines.
This program is funded by the National Science Foundation through grant number PHY-1157044. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.