- SIMH simulator from the Computer History Simulation Project: http://simh.trailing-edge.com/
- Zilog Z80 instruction manual: http://www.zilog.com/docs/z80/um0080.pdf
- cplusplus.com's C++ Language Tutorial: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition (aka VC++ 9.0) (for Windows):
- Note from summer 2010: it is important to install the 2008 edition when using ROOT v5.24, NOT the 2010 edition,
as the 2010 edition will not work with ROOT version 5.24.
- Note added September 12, 2011: ROOT v5.30 will work with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (aka VC++ 10), if and only if you install the ROOT binary compiled with VC++ 10. (See "ROOT" below.)
- Apple XCode Developer Tools (includes gcc 4.0.1) (for Mac):
- Gnu Compiler Collection included in most Linux distributions:
- Do not try to download GCC from this site. Use your
Linux package installer to install if you don't have it.
- The ROOT data analysis and visualization package:
- Note ROOT version 5.24 was used for the course in the summer of 2010.
- As of 2011/09/12, the ROOT team recommends version 5.30.
- If you use Windows, it is recommended to use the Windows installer file ("MSI").