Course syllabus and schedule, and study guide
Course texts (updated for 2008)
- B.R.Martin and G.Shaw, Particle Physics, J. Wiley and Sons.
- Obtain from bookstore or your favorite online bookseller.
- W.-M. Yao et al., The Review of Particle Physics,
Journal of Physics G 33, 1 (2006)
and 2007 partial update for edition 2008.
- Obtain from http://pdg.lbl.gov.
- DO NOT PRINT THE BOOK! It will just kill trees. Save the PDF files and read them. (Or, print just specific chapters as you need them, if you really must despoil the Earth.)
- Physics III: Relativity and Quantum Physics (Phys 325)
By the end of the course, the successful student will ...
See also the official course description in the
Other information will appear in the K-State Online course pages.
- ... have a basis to read and understand the Review of Particle Physics, especially the
sections on the standard model and related topics and experimental methods.
- ... know the experimental basis of the model.
- ... be familiar with the range of observable phenomena related to particle physics.