Spill-in/Spill-out – Extent of Effect, Continued
Monday, July 7, 2008—
After a very productive long weekend, I had finished my simulations for 1 MeV neutrons. Glenn asked me to repeat the same calculations for 10 keV and 100 keV neutrons. Further, he asked for error bars on every data point.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008—
I ran simulations on 10 keV neutrons.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008—
I finished simulations on 10 keV neutrons and started those on the 100 keV neutrons. Further, I sent the remaining macros to Glenn for analysis on a much faster server. At the end of the day, I had run 1.11 million events over about a week – a nontrivial task!
Thursday, July 10, 2008 –
As I awaited the return of my remaining data, I worked out the error bar formula.
Friday, July 11, 2008 —
The rest of my data came in. This is the graph that summarizes all my work in the past week – 1150-1158 is the wall of the detector.