General Physics II, Physics 114 (Gary Wysin)
Kansas State University, Fall 2002.
These Notes were written for the Fall 2002 edition of Physics 114.
Some items here may not exactly match the Spring 2007 syllabus and course schedule.
Here I've summarized the main topics and formulas. You can choose the
topic you're most interested in and get a quick summary.
Concentrate on the formulas in the red boxes,
and make sure you understand the meanings of the symbols, etc!!
Good Luck on the Final Exam and Thanks for your Attention and Interest!!
- Ch. 16 -- Charges and electric forces
- Ch. 16 -- Electric fields and lines of force
- Ch. 17 -- Electric potential and potential energy
- Ch. 17 -- Examples: Electric potential energy
- Ch. 17 -- Examples: Electric potential
- Ch. 17 -- Capacitance, Ch. 18 -- Current and resistance
- Ch. 19 -- Series Circuit combinations
- Ch. 19 -- Parallel Circuit combinations
- Ch. 19 -- Kirchhoff's Circuit rules, capacitor combinations
- Ch. 20 -- Magnetic fields and forces on currents
- Ch. 20 -- Examples: Magnetic fields and F= i l B sin(theta)
- Ch. 20 -- Example: torque on a current loop
- Ch. 20 -- Magnetic forces on moving charges F = q v B sin(theta)
- Ch. 20 -- Magnetic field in a solenoid or coil
- Ch. 21 -- Faraday's, Lenz' Laws of EM-induction
- Ch. 21 -- Examples of EM-induction
- Ch. 21 -- Applications of EM-induction: generators, motors, transformers
- Ch. 21 -- Self-Inductance, real inductors
- Ch. 21 -- Inductive, Capacitive reactance, series LRC impedance
- Ch. 21 -- AC circuits, series LRC, resonance
- Ch. 22 -- Electromagnetic waves, displacement current
- Ch. 23 -- Reflection, image formation by mirrors
- Ch. 23 -- Refraction, image formation by lenses
- Ch. 23 -- Ray diagrams for lenses
- Ch. 24 -- Wave properties of light: interference
- Ch. 24 -- Double slit and single slit experiments
- Ch. 25 -- Vision corrections using lenses
- Ch. 27 -- Quantum theory: Photons and photo-electric effect
- Ch. 27 -- Quantum theory: Matter waves
- Ch. 27 -- Quantum theory of Atomic Spectra
- Ch. 28 -- Matter waves and Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle
- Ch. 28 -- Quantum states of electrons in complex atoms
- Ch. 28 -- The Pauli exclusion principle and electron ground states in atoms
Other Links At KSU
Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 2
access since 2002/09/11.
Last update: Wednesday January 10 2007.
email to -->